Monday, January 19, 2009

Update

Well it has been almost a month since my last update, figured it was time for one.

We had a great Christmas. It was very relaxing, my dad came into town and we spent Christmas here at our house, just the four of us. It was nice to be home and not have too much going on, we were able to sit back and enjoy the holiday. Harper loved spending time with her Daddad. She got him a webcam for Christmas so that they can talk and see each other often. Then we spontaneously decided to head to Alabama for new years. We relaxed and got to visit with Eron's family and we saw some of his friends that we had not seen in years, so it was fun to catch up with them. Harper loved being there, she played outside a lot and rode the 4 wheeler with her daddy among other things.

Since we have been home there really has not been a whole lot going on. Eron has been staying busy at work, as usual and hasnt slowed down since the beginning of the new year. We have been working on picking out things for the new/old house next door that is being renovated a bit. They (volunteers and Joe, maintenance director) have made a lot of progress, the kitchen is empty of cabinets appliances, walls, and floors. Most everything out of the bathrooms has been taken out (tile, vanities, toilets, etc.). We have picked and exterior color as well as all of the interior colors! So, that has been keeping us busy!

I have started working out, exercising. There are a few ladies that I know from MOPs who have been getting together with early in the morning (5-5:30 am) for the last 2 weeks to run with. They are better runners than I but if they can keep me accountable for showing up then that works for me. I actually enjoy getting up early and being home early before anyone awakes so that I have time for myself and can get some things done, too. Today I started a spin class at 5am and it was so hard. It has been years since I have done spin and it will definitely take some getting used to. I am hoping to shed some pounds before I get pregnant again (hopefully in the next few months). This does not make sense to some people but perfect sense to me. I would rather lose some weight now and have that much less to lose after baby instead of going into the pregnancy with extra weight and have to lose that on top of baby weight. So, we shall see, I will keep everyone posted! We hope all is well and everyone is having a good new year so far!!

Much love,
Shelley

No comments: