Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Happy Birthday our sweet Harper!!

Birthday pancakes, this morning...

Where has the year gone?? It honestly just seems like yesterday that they pulled her from my belly and I saw those sweet chubby cheeks for the first time! Her cheeks are the one thing that stands out when I first saw her, I was way out of it but I will always remember the first time I saw her! We are so thankful for a very blessed year and a very healthy baby, but I cannot help but feel a little sad as I look at her right now, walking, tearing up a magazine (ugh, after I have told her a million times not too!) watching Jack's Big Music Show, that the time has gone by way too fast!!

Who would have known that last year in the hospital with our brand new baby (hang on, time for some discipline about the mag)ok, that she would have lived in 4 cities by the time she was 1! She has lived in El Paso, Portales, Miami and now Lakeland, Fl. She has had quite an eventful year and she has been the best baby through it all. I guess God new we needed a very laid back child given all we went through the first year of her life!

We are so thankful for this little baby, she has truly blessed our lives and the lives of others. We are also thankful for our family and friends that have supported us through this first year of her life and for all the transitions and new experiences that Eron and I have had as well!

She has reached many milestones! She now walks even better than when she started a month or so ago, she now drinks whole milk (yea no more messing with formula), she is almost off of the bottle, she claps, waves, plays patty cake, talks ALL of the time (her own language of course), now sits front facing in the car (which she loves), she can pick up very tiny objects with her thumb and forefinger, still only says "daddy" (this doesn't hurt my feelings at all, yeah right! after all I am only the one that she is with all day), understands and usually (and I mean usually, there are the exceptions more times that not, ha) obeys "sit down" and "no"! She loves to be outside, play with dogs, reading books and she loves her daddy!! Harper is very affectionate and gives kisses and hugs all of the time. When Eron recently came home from a business trip she hugged him and snuggled with him for at least 5 minutes, no joke!

Thank you, God for a very special, loving and sweet girl, we are sooo blessed! Thank you, Harper for all of the laughs and special moments you have brought us this first year! We love you so much!

Blowing out her candle with daddy's help of course
Her new favorite chair, a gift from Daddad! Thanks Daddad!!
And, this is one of those times that she did not obey when I asked her to "sit down", but doesn't look like she seemed to care!


We love you and hope you have a great first birthday!

Daddy and Momma

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm eating leftover cake now - it's delicious! I'm so sorry we missed the celebration. She's just so cute! Glad it was a great time for everyone!

From the View of 1336 said...

Happy Birthday Harper!!!!!!!!! You are one cute girl! I am so happy I was able to meet you. :)