Sunday, August 17, 2008

Homemade Pretzels~

We had a lazy Sunday. I have been having some issues with my eye. I think that I am allergic to my contact. We got up this morning to get ready for church and I could not keep my eye open, it was runny and burning and any light or focusing hurt it. So hubby went to get my some drops to hold me over until I can get to the Dr. to see what the deal is. So, I took a nap after that and it seemed to be a little better.

So, I decided to be somewhat productive and decided to make some homemade pretzels, here http://http://belladia.typepad.com/crafty_crow/2008/05/homemade-pretze.html, they looked and sounded so yummy! So here is the process, they were super easy and really good.
So, here is what you need: 1 1/2 tsp. of active live yeast, 1 1/2 c. hot water, 1/2 tsp. brown sugar, and a dash of salt. Combine these ingredients and let sit for 5 minutes.
Harper supervised!
Yeast and above ingredients sitting for 5 minutes...
Then you add four cups of white flour, mix well and knead for 5 minutes...
Then, place in a greased bowl and lay a damp towel over the top and let sit for 1 hour in a warm spot...
Divide dough into 8-12 pieces, roll into rope and shape. ( I made some classic shapes and then some sticks that I added garlic and Parmesan cheese to go with our pizza tonight)...
Harper tested out the dough..
After you shape them, dip them into 1/4 c. warm water with 1 Tbsp. of baking soda and then place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 500 degrees for 8 minutes...
After taking out of oven, brush liberally with butter. I added cinnamon sugar to some of them and then garlic salt and Parmesan cheese and we dipped them in marinara sauce...
Then enjoy! Yummy....
Oh, we halved this recipe and there were just enough for us~

4 comments:

From the View of 1336 said...

Yummy!!! I will have to try out that receipe. :)

Anonymous said...

sounds like way too much work :) Hope your eye is feeling better.

Sherah said...

oh yum!!! looks SO good! :)

Jenny from the Block said...

you are wonder woman. they sound really good, so i'll LET you make some when you are here. :)