Thursday, May 29, 2008

And finally, an update!

Ok, so it has been a hectic month, we have only been home one weekend in the last six weeks, and that weekend we were home, Eron had pneumonia! Thank goodness he is over that. Our latest trip took us to home sweet home (for me and Harper anyway), El Paso. We were there for 10 days and it was wonderful. I miss it so much. We saw dear friends and family. My brother, Jennifer, Elle and Renner also came for the last weekend that we were there, it was so nice to be around family. My dear and best cousin, Mark and his son Timothy who I haven't seen in 7 months made the trip from the Dallas, also, all for our cousin Krista's wedding. It was so great to see them as well. Timothy is only a month older that Harper, but man, he is a big, adorable kid!

It really was a great trip. It was nice to spend time with my dad, brother, sister -in- law and niece and nephew. Harper was such a trooper as always. She did great on the plane. There was one 2 1/2 hour trip that she was just great on! She had some what of a time getting used to the two hour time difference but she made it through without any problems.

Harper started crawling before we left, but since we have hardwood floors, she became frustrated slipping on the floor. But, she let loose once she got to Dad-Dad's house and got on the carpet. So here are a few things she did while we were gone:
~fell off the bed, not once but twice (I know I am a bad mom for it happening the second time)
~crawled all over the place
~pulled a candelabra down on herself
~said, "DaDa", but I don't think she knew what she was saying
~played and played with Elle and Renner
~developed many bumps and bruises due to her new found freedom
~started pulling up on tables and TVs
~choked on paper, but don't worry daddy stepped in to do the baby Heimlich (was not this serious but it worked anyway)
~shopped with mommy
~went to Marie's restaurant way more times than mommy really wanted to go
~played with Merritt and Jared and Lori
~played with Dad-Dad, of course
~and also played with "her Judy"

So, to say the least it was an eventful trip and Harper had many new adventures. She is definitely keeping me on my toes. Crawling has added a whole new dimension to parenting! She did miss her dogs while she was gone and she was very happy to see them when we got home!

Well, that was a quick update, we will be heading to St. Augustine this weekend to stay at a Bed and Breakfast for our 4 year anniversary! Harper will be staying a short 20 minutes away at my cousin, Cheryl's house. I don't think that Eron and I have had a night to ourselves since she was born, so it will be a nice time to get away and focus on ourselves. Then we will be home, hopefully for a while after that. I will add a few pictures to this post, but I have also created and album from our trip. Hope you enjoy!

Eron, Shelley and Harper

1 comment:

Sherah said...

great update! I miss you too!!! So much! I can't belive she is crawling and growing up so fast!!! I need to see her! :) Very nice that you are going to a b&b, that will be such a great get-away (wish we could do that!). I'll call you soon!

Love you!