Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Moving past boring vegetables!!

Just an update, Harper FINALLY got her two bottom teeth about two weeks ago and they are some sharp little things. I have to say she looks especially cute when she smiles now. So, she has been eating it up. She loves that little gerber wheels and biter biscuits they are so nasty and she makes a huge mess, but what are you going to do? She also has moved past the boring old vegetables to special dinners and jarred meats now. She eats those one meal a day now (dinner). But so far she has loved them. Her favorties include mac n cheese, Ham, turkey, turkey and rice dinner, and chicken and apple dinner, to name a few.

Question for you expereinced mommies: Harper has been using a sippy cup since about six months, one time a day. I put juice and water in it to help with the weaning process when it is that time. But, all she wants to do is chew on it. She doesn't ever get anything out of it. She has not figured out how to suck out through a cup. Is this something that she will just learn on her own as she gets older? Or if any of you have any suggestions that would help her learn (i.e. techniques, certain cups, etc.) I would love your input. I still keep giving it to her to get her familiar with the idea of the cup even though she is getting anything out and we are just wasting juice, oh well. Suggestions would be appreciated!

Lots of love,
Shelley

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you believe they like that Gerber stuff? Don't taste it- I made that mistake :)

Conmor played with his sippy cups for weeks and wouldn't drink out of it. We finally switched to the Nuby cups with a soft tip and he used those. Then gradually I got him back to the cheap, regular cups. Good luck!

Andrea :)

Anonymous said...

Nuby was what I was going to suggest, too. They are the texture of nipples (bottle nipples-I don't know about the texture of yours. LOL).
Also, just keep giving it to that big girl! She'll be one so soon! :(
Both of my kids were off the bottle at 1, but that doesn't mean that it's best. I'm just saying.
I can't believe she's about to walk and has teeth now! The fruit and veggie puffs are great, too, b/c they basically melt in their mouths.
I miss that stinker!
jen