Sunday, March 30, 2008

~6 Months Old~

Our little girl is six months old today! I cannot believe how fast the time has gone by. Sometimes it feels like yesterday that she was born and yet at the same time it seems like it has been forever! She is doing great! She has started to eat solid foods now. She was on cereal for about two weeks but she seemed to not care for it very much so I started her on some vegetables. We started out with squash and now she is on peas. She has tolerated those both fine and tomorrow she will try carrots! So exciting! She really likes to eat like we do so she has enjoyed eating big girl food!

Developmentally, she is laughing and turning over and back on to her back all the time. She is trying to crawl but is getting frustrated because she cannot quite get it down, but she is giving it all she's got! She is not quite sitting up by herself but we are working on helping her to do that. She loves to look at books and play in her exersaucer. She is just so much fun and interactive right now, it is such a great age. She has been teething since she was about 31/2 months, however it has been continuous for the last month. Hopefully she will have some teeth here soon.

Eron is doing well, staying busy with work and still trying to get things done around the house. He is defending his thesis in two weeks so he is also preparing for that. I am just staying home and enjoying the time that I get to spend with Harper. We are really liking Lakeland, it has a lot to offer and we are enjoying it so far, although I do miss home, but we will be visiting soon!

2 comments:

Kallie Brynn said...

I found your blog! It was very nice meeting and spending time with you today. I hope we can get together again soon. :)
Kallie

Kallie Brynn said...

We love being linked on your blog! And I definitely returned the favor! :) It's exciting, haha.
I would absolutely love for you to come over to Brandon, if you wanted to take the little trek. It's about half an hour. There's not too much to do...but it would be neat if you saw our apartment before it gets all packed up and in disarray in Lakeland for the next couple of months! My week is open, so just let me know what you're thinking!
(David was kind of worried about the violent dream thing - considering the circumstances...he was upset about it for the whole day! I think it's just a coincidence...)